Please have these steps' setup before the contribution weekend!
1. Create an account on Drupal.org
2. Join the conversation Drupal's Slack groups
#contribute slack channels.
3. Choose your own adventure:
Local Development Environment: DDEV
Cloud Development Environment: DrupalPod
Existing Development Environment: DYI
No Development Environment
During the day
Work with a group on porting and testing a contributed module to Drupal 9 or 10or
Take a look at the Contributor tasks. Work with another contributor to find a task.
- Contributor Guide
- Core Issue Queue
- 'ContributionWeekend2022' tagged Issues
- Creating issue forks and merge requests
- Drupalize.Me: Drupal Community Tools and Core Mentoring Videos
- "Official" Drupal Contribution Tools (hint: it's DDEV with extras)